Scholarship grants (minimum amount $30,000) are available through the Global Grants. Fifty percent of the grant comes from District Global DDF funds and the remainder from the World Fund.
Global Grant funds for scholars are subject to the following three conditions for eligibility:
- The scholar's chosen university is Not located in the US.
- The scholar is seeking a scholarship for graduate-level study.
- The scholar's area of study and professional goals further one of the SIX AREAS OF FOCUS.
- The scholar must live, work or be attending a college/university within District 6910.
- The scholar may not be A) a Rotarian; B) an employee of a club, district, or any other Rotary entity or of Rotary International; C) the spouse, a lineal descendant (child or grandchild by blood or stepchild, legally adopted or not) the spouse of a lineal descendent, or an ancestor (parent or grandparent by blood) of any person in the forgoing two categories. However the scholar MAY Be a member of a Rotaract Club.
- Please call and/or email the Chair-Al Hombroek-770-963-1011, firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> with any questions.
- Global grants may fund a scholar for terms ranging from one to four years, covering tuition, room and board, etc. for the duration of the grant - generally it is one year.
- If chosen as the scholar to represent District 6910, soon thereafter the scholar must provide a letter of acceptance to his/her chosen university or the application is accepted pending the institutions acceptance.
- District 6910 is considered the international sponsor and a Rotary Club or District in the area where the scholar will attend school will be considered the host sponsor - the district will find a host sponsor.
The District maintains a district level application process including both a written application and in-person interviews. The application process for a Global Scholar Grant begins however with a District 6910 Rotary Club nominating a scholarship candidate. Best practice would have a Club both receive an application from and then interview the candidate to make sure they are in keeping with the Districts high standards.
For additional information or to initiate a district/club application, see content links above and contact the District's Scholarship Chair for any further help.